I serve them with fresh raspberries for the whole combination. It brings the vivid colour for your eyes first, and indeed they are delicious too. The method in making these Kiwi ball are same when the traditional making the savoury sushi but the only difference are some of the ingredients are totally varies. What it bring the Japanese rice comes together is the coconut milk. If you could not find the fresh coconut milk from your country, you can always substitute them with UHT coconut cream or heavy whip cream.
For sushi rice,
- 2 cups Japanese rice
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons fresh coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Zespri Green Kiwifruit
- Fresh raspberries
- Slice the fresh green kiwi as thin as you can
- Cook the Japanese rice in rice cooker.
- After rice cooked, in another pot, combine the rice with water and sugar.
- Leaving the rice to rest, covered for another 10 minutes
- When cool, gently add the coconut milk mixture and mix to combine.
- Use the rice at room temperature.
- Wet your hands, and scope small section of the rice in your palm; and shape into round shape. Optional: If you would like some filling in the kiwi ball, you may stuff the paste or kani inside.
- Decorate with green kiwifruit slice on top of the kiwi ball, and serve together with fresh raspberries.