My 2nd day on consuming kiwi fruits. Today I'm transforming my Zespri Sun Gold Kiwi into creative swiss Roll, by making them look like a green kiwi but filling them with sun gold kiwi together with fresh whipped cream.
These sun gold Kiwifruit has smooth, hairless skin which is bronze in colour. They are really different from the green kiwi. Usually this gold kiwi is far sweeter than green one but this year quality is totally different surprisingly due to the recent drought of New Zealand that happened early this year. So if you are going to grab any kiwi, remember to grab the green one this year as they are sweeter than the gold one.
Hope you enjoy my twist of this version
Arrange nicely on the cut pieces of sun gold kiwi on top of the fresh whipped cream. Roll into swiss roll, every bite of the fluffy cake, fruits and cream definitely give you refreshing feel.
26g caster sugar
1/2tsp premium Pandan essence
1 Zespri Sun Gold Kiwi
- Grease and line a Swiss roll tin.
- Put eggs and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and whisk until light and creamy (it should be very thick at this stage).
- Sieve flour into mixture and fold very gently using a teaspoon.
- Add on oil and premium pandan essence.
- Pour the mixture into tray carefully.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and springy to touch.
- While cooking place a piece of greaseproof paper on a cooling tray and sprinkle with sugar.
- When the sponge is cooked remove from oven, tip upside down on sugared paper and carefully remove paper from sponge.
- Cut off any hard crusty edges. Spread with whipped cream and cut pieces of Sun Gold kiwi, roll the swiss roll carefully.
- Leave in paper for a few minutes before serving on a plate.