Recipe adapted from this basic of making swiss roll
Ingredients 26g Oil 3 eggs 26g caster sugar 1/2tsp Vanilla Essence 63g caster sugar 47g flour Filling whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Grease and line a Swiss roll tin.
- Put eggs and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and whisk until light and creamy (it should be very thick at this stage).
- Sieve flour into mixture and fold very gently using a teaspoon.
- Add on oil and vanilla essence.
- Pour the mixture into tray carefully.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and springy to touch.
- While cooking place a piece of greaseproof paper on a cooling tray and sprinkle with sugar.
- When the sponge is cooked remove from oven, tip upside down on sugared paper and carefully remove paper from sponge.
- Cut off any hard crusty edges. Spread with jam and roll.
- Leave in paper for a few minutes before serving on a plate.