Minion craze!!!!!! After transforming them into edible fondant cake, macaron, layered cake, now is the turn to make them onto swiss roll. It's a tough task to estimate the position and draw their expression by free hand. One mistake can ruin the whole swiss roll seriously.
Other than its look, the taste is also important. Since I'm still with Zespri Kiwi challenge, I decided to put green kiwi fruits as their filling. A bit of sourish taste together with fresh whipped cream turn out so well.
Line the fruits onto swiss roll, roll them inside minion body :)
Here you go, there goes my minion swiss roll. I really enjoy to see this Minions swiss roll, make me a laughter indeed.
Cut them into individual minions, some can be fat and some can be slim.
26g caster sugar
1/2tsp edible yellow colouring
1 Zespri Green Gold Kiwi
Edible black ink
20g egg white
Edible blue ink
- Draw minion's eyes and body on baking paper, at 2/3 of the tray.
- Grease and line a Swiss roll tin.
- Whip egg white and sugar, mix with the edible blue ink for body, and mix the black ink for googles and strips.Spoon or pipe them onto baking paper. Set aside.
- To make the sponge cake, put eggs and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and whisk until light and creamy (it should be very thick at this stage).
- Sieve flour into mixture and fold very gently using a teaspoon.
- Add on oil and yellow colouring.
- Pour the mixture into tray carefully.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and springy to touch.
- While cooking place a piece of greaseproof paper on a cooling tray and sprinkle with sugar.
- When the sponge is cooked remove from oven, tip upside down on sugared paper and carefully remove paper from sponge.
- Cut off any hard crusty edges. Spread with whipped cream and cut pieces of green kiwi, roll the swiss roll carefully.
- Cut the minions to individual pieces and serve on a plate.