Today is my 7th day Kiwi challenge. Thinking to combine sun gold kiwi this round with my Minion and Evil Minion swiss roll. These 2 Minion and Evil Minion are fully free hand drew by myself onto the swiss roll. These drawing are fully incorporated into the swiss roll surface. Wonder why It really feel like the cloth stitching if you watch closely. In fact, I spent almost an hour just to mix the colour and draw on the swiss roll.
26g caster sugar
1/2tsp vanilla essence
1 Zespri Sun Gold Kiwi
Minion & evil minion drawing
20g egg white
Edible black ink
Edible red ink
Edible purple ink
Edible yellow ink
Edible blue ink
- Draw minion's eyes and body on baking paper, at 2/3 of the tray.
- Grease and line a Swiss roll tin.
- Whip egg white and sugar, mix with the edible yellow and blue ink for minion body, and mix the black ink for googles and strips, mix purple colour for evil minion. Spoon or pipe them onto baking paper. Set aside.
- To make the sponge cake, put eggs and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and whisk until light and creamy (it should be very thick at this stage).
- Sieve flour into mixture and fold very gently using a teaspoon.
- Add on oil and vanilla essence
- Pour the mixture into tray carefully.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and springy to touch.
- While cooking place a piece of greaseproof paper on a cooling tray and sprinkle with sugar.
- When the sponge is cooked remove from oven, tip upside down on sugared paper and carefully remove paper from sponge.
- Cut off any hard crusty edges. Spread with whipped cream and cut pieces of sun gold kiwi, roll the swiss roll carefully.
- Draw the outline of both minion and evil minion. Done!