Time flies. Today is my last day of Zespri Kiwi challenge, mark my Kiwi project Go live date. It has been "fruitful" 2 weeks, fruitful due to plenty of kiwis in my daily diet consumption. In these 14 days, I realized that kiwi fruit not only as dessert, but it can be served in any kind of format of the food and bakes. Versatile to well match or complement with anything. The unique sourness and sweetness, can be only uniquely find in kiwi fruit.
For my last day of challenge, I've created my Kiwi signature dish throughout this kiwi project journey. This is my Kiwi mooncake aka moonlight mooncake. The reason of moonlight is, I love the transparency of the jelly, fresh slices of green kiwi and sungold kiwi reflected its light through the jelly wall. You can straightaway tell which one is green kiwi mooncake or sun gold mooncake. Can you guess the following, which one is green and which one is yellow sun gold?
I did quite a lot of series mooncake before, in fact I still prefer jelly mooncake. First is that less sweet and not oily at all. This signature kiwi mooncake is totally healthy for old folks or kids, as it contains of full range of protein and vitamin. If you still prefer the conventional jelly mooncake, you can basically add on another layer of lotus paste or red bean paste in between.
Wish all my readers and followers Happy Mid-Autumn Festival 2013 in advance first.
Kiwi mixture layer A
- 1 Zespri Green kiwi (cut into pieces)
- 1 cup water
- 3TBSP sugar
- 2 Zespri Green kiwi (cut into slices)
- 1 Zepsri Sun Gold kiwi (cut into slices)
- 1/2 cup of fresh milk
- 1/2 cup of condensed milk
- 1 vanilla pod (scrap the seed)
- 2 stalks pandan leave
- 2 cups water
- 5g jelly powder
- For kiwi mixture layer A, blend one of the green kiwi in a blender.
- Put water and sugar in a pot. Heat up and stir into combined. And then lastly add on the kiwi mixture. Set aside.
- For fresh kiwi layer B, just cut all the kiwi into slices. Set aside.
- For Milky layer C, mix all the milk, vanilla pod seed and pandan leave in a pot, bring to boil. Strain the mixture into a bowl.
- For Jelly layer, cook the jelly powder together with water, bring to boil. Separate into half. each cup pour into kiwi mixture layer A and milky layer B separately.
- Pour the kiwi mixture layer A into mooncake mold first, follow by fresh kiwi slice. Let it set in the fridge for couple of minutes.
- Pour the milky layer into mooncake mold, and set again in fridge.
- Remove the mooncake from mold. Ready to serve with some fresh mint leave.