Time flies, today is 2nd day of Hari Raya and also the 9th day of my kiwi challenge. I'm using combination of kiwi fruits today - Sun Gold and Green to match together with this simple self made french toast.
Do you know about Kiwi that can control the weight? The reason being is Kiwi’s low glycemic index and high fiber content means it will not create a strong insulin rush like other fruit with high sugar contents — so the body will not respond by storing fat. Hence this is the best reason to use these fruits to substitute any maple syrup or sweet cherry or strawberry as french toast toppings.
This is extremely easy recipe to follow. Prepare this for your love one during weekend breakfast, he or she will be totally surprised and impressed. Enjoy!
2 large egg white
4 TBSP sweetener milk
4 slices of white bread or wholemeal bread
1 Zespri Green Kiwi (cut into pieces)
1 Zespri Sun Gold Kiwi (cut into pieces)
A bit of olive oil (you can opt for butter)
- Beat 2 large eggs in a bowl.
- Mix in the sweeter milk and beat again. Set aside
- Cut diagonal on 4 slices bread.
- Heat up the wok and put the olive oil.
- Dip the white bread in the egg mixture, fried them until golden brown colour.
- Garnish with fresh green and sungold kiwi onto the bread, spread some sweetener milk before serving.