Let's go green with Kiwi fruits today. Today starts my 14-day Challenge of NZ Zespri Kiwi. I'm using 2 Kiwi fruits to make into Green kiwi tart! Yummy.
I love Kiwi fruits especially those imported from New Zealand. They are unique bright green kiwi fruits, which naturally become fantastic toppings for any bakes. The color and the natural design of the fruit indeed look amazing, and it will taste even better when matches with fresh whipped cream, believe me.
Here is my Hankerie's recipe on this Zespri Kiwi tart
2 3/4 cups flour
small pinch of salt
90g icing sugar
2 fresh Zespri Kiwi
- Sift the flour and salt onto a clean work surface and make a well in the centre.
- Put the butter in the well and work, using a pecking action with your fingertips and thumb, until it is very soft.
- Add the sugar to the butter and mix together, then add the eggs and mix together.
- Gradually incorporate the flour, flicking it onto the mixture and then chopping through it until you have a rough dough.
- Bring it together with your hands and then knead a few times to make a smooth dough. Roll into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Roll out the pastry into a circle on a lightly floured surface and use to line a tart tin, as directed in the recipe. Trim the edge and pinch up the pastry edge to make an even border raised slightly above the rim of the tin.
- Slide the tin onto a baking tray and rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Make custard jam, whip cream and arrange the fresh kiwi into the tart.