Selamat Hari Raya to all Muslims friends. In conjunction of Raya & my 8th day Kiwi Challenge, I've made these green kiwi macaron to celebrate this great festival. My idea inspiration came from Zespri green kiwi, when cutting the kiwi into half, you will get this visual. From the lighter greenish in the middle and surrounded with black seeds, that's how the green kiwi flesh looks like. This inspired me to make them onto my Kiwi Macaron, not only looks like green kiwi but also taste like kiwi flesh at the middle of chocolate ganache.
Here you go, another great Kiwi recipe in Macaron. Trust me, definitely you will not feel so sweet when finish this macaron.
2 large egg white
1/2 cup ground almond
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1/2 tsp edible green colour
Kiwi fresh cream (made from fresh Zespri Green kiwi, fresh cream and white chocolate)
Some black sesame seed (as decorated as Kiwi seed)
- Finely ground almonds & icing sugar in a blender. Strain the mixture.
- Beat the egg white with mixer. When they start to stiffen, gradually add the superfine sugar, beating constantly.
- Add the edible green colour.
- Strain the almond sugar mixture over the beat egg white and fold together.
- Fill the mixture into piping bag and pipe into green circle.
- Use the lighted green colour batter to pipe in the middle
- Sprinkle some black sesame in the middle.
- Dried for few minutes and bake it around 10-12 minutes.
- Cool them down and remove by using spatula.
- Assemble them with filling the kiwi fresh cream at the middle and chocolate ganache around the macaron shell.
- Put into fridge up to at least 24 hours before serving.