Considering that it does not contain even single scope of cream in it, this made for a very decent, guilt-free ice 'cream'. It'll be a much welcomes addition to the kiddo's breakfast table, perhaps you may think no way man ice cream for breakfast?
In addition, I do not have any home use or commercial ice cream machine, what I need is only 3 key ingredients, a blender and a fridge. That's all, as easy as that. Strongly believe that everyone of you can make it at home too :)
Do post your kiwi ice 'cream' in my Facebook page or Instagram as well and tag #HankerieZespri
Here is my Hankerie's recipe on this Homemade Kiwifruits Banana Ice Cream
4 ripe bananas
2TBSP peanut butter
- Peel kiwifruits and Banana skins.
- Slice all into discs. Arrange them into a tupperware on the wraps, remember to alternate them with the cling wrap or baking paper, else they will all stick together. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until harden to touch.
- Place the kiwifruits and banana slices in a powerful blender. Puree them, scraping down the blender if needed.
- Puree until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and puree to combine.
- Serve immediately with a slice of chocolate cake or wafer egg roll if you like. Of course, if you would like the harden version, place in the freeze and freeze for few hours before serving.