I love Jelly Mooncake. Firstly they are less sweet and not oily at all. This signature crystal jelly mooncake is totally healthy for old folks or kids, as it contains of full range of protein and vitamin. If you still prefer the conventional jelly mooncake, you can basically add on another layer of lotus paste or red bean paste in between. The wonders of this jelly cake is that you may add on any of your favourite fruits in it, sweet or sour fruits mix exceptionally well in the jelly.
The ingredients to make this jelly is extremely simple, 4 key ingredients to make this exceptionally stunning look crystal Jelly Mooncake to impress your guests in this coming mooncake festival. I named them crystal mooncake as their transparent skin is shinning and show up the natural colourful fruits filling in it.
- 500ml pandan water
- 5g Japanses jelly powder
- 80g caster sugar or honey
- Fruits cube - Green kiwifruits, gold kiwifruits, peach, blueberries and strawberries
- Boil water with fresh pandan leaves in a pot.
- Add sugar in a pot. Heat up and stir into combined.
- And then lastly add on the jelly powder. Set aside.
- Place the cut fresh fruits cube into mooncake jelly mold.
- Pour the jelly mixture into mooncake mold. Let it set for couple of minutes.
- Fridge the Japanese Crystal Jelly Mooncake in fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove the mooncake from mold. Ready to serve.