A lot of people placed the koi fish order this year after I've posted in Facebook. Take a closer look for the following. Aren't they cute?
Below is my Snowskin Mooncake recipe:
75g glutinous rice flour
90g powdered sugar
33g Crisco shortening
75g cold drinking water
Colorings of you choice
Red bean paste (Your own choice, you may use pandan flavour lotus paste or white lotus paste)
Decoration: Red Bean for eyes
- Sieve flour and powdered sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add shortening and mix them untill you get crumb like texture.
- Add water, colouring, mix well until it forms a smooth dough.
- Make the fillings into ball shapes each 30g (inclusive of yolk if you using one)
- Divide dough into small portion each 25g
- Flatten dough to wrap up the fillings
- Seal up dough to enclose filling completely
- Shape it into koi fish look and decorate the eyes with red bean.
- Refrigerate it minimum 3-4 hours before consume.