See the inner texture of these traditional French Baguette, indeed it's chewy inside and crusty outside
- 500g bread flour
- 8ml malt sugar
- 1tsp sugar
- 2tsp salt
- 1tsp instant yeast
- 220ml luke warm water (adjust accordingly your weather humidity)
- Mix well all the ingredients above except water.
- Add on the water bit by bit into dough, it might take some time to let the flour to absorb water. Being patience in this stage. This step is very vital.
- Proof the dough at least an hour. Cover with towel.
- Spread some flour on bench. Take out the dough and remove all the bubbles from yeast.
- Dive the dough to four. Shape into long shape. Proof another 1 hour.
- Bake in steamed oven in 250C for 20 minutes.
- Crusty baguette ready to serve.