For this cake decoration idea, I'm using a small flower-shaped cookie cutter to cut it, pipe some lovely fresh raspberries cream on top and finish it with fresh raspberries. Simple but nice. For those gluten-free diet, enjoy this!
I'm submitting this post to my hosted Aspiring Bakers #21: Gluten-Free Bakes (July 2012)
125g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar makes the cake taste like a chocolate/maple cake
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup gluten free self raising flour
1/3 cup coco powder
3/4 cup milk
1 punnet fresh raspberries
1/2 cup pouring cream or dessert cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 175C. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating after each addition.
- Sift in gluten free self raising flour and then fold in milk.
- Pour out into lined backing tin and bake for approx 40 mins in a moderate oven.
- Once baked, cool down.
- Whip the pure cream and some raspberries. Set aside.
- By using flower shaped cookie cutter, cute the chocolate cake into 2cm thick.
- Pipe the raspberries cream on top of the flower cake. Decorate it with 1 fresh raspberry each.