This is my another baked Gluten-free cherry cheesecake. A little bit varies from my previous baked blueberries cheesecake - more Arrowroot biscuit surrounded the cheesecake to make it more crusty. The crunchiness of the crust perfectly combine with super soft creamy cheesecake. In the meanwhile, they are gluten-free!!!
I'm submitting this post to my hosted Aspiring Bakers #21: Gluten-Free Bakes (July 2012)
- 90g Arnotts arrowroot biscuits
- 45g butter, melted
- 95g blueberries, plus extra for decorating
- 225g cream cheese
- 75g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 1/2 cup Frozen cherries
- Few fresh cherries for decor
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter 3 round diameter spring-form/loose-bottomed tin with diameters around 10cm.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and whiz until quite fine. Alternatively, place them in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin. Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and press down into the base of the tin so that it is nice and even. Spread the blueberries over the base and allow to chill in the fridge while you make the topping.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and the eggs together in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Pour alternate layer with cherries and then bake in the oven in water bath for 30 minutes or until it is pale golden and should only wobble very slightly when you gently shake the tin.
- Allow to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge to loosen it and carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin.
- Dust some icing sugar on top and decorate it with fresh cherries. Transfer to a serving plate.