Time flies, today is 13th day of my kiwi challenge. I'm using combination of my previous recipe - Homemade Kiwi Jam with this simple self made french toast at home.
Do you know about Kiwi that can control the weight? The reason being is Kiwi’s low glycemic index and high fiber content means it will not create a strong insulin rush like other fruit with high sugar contents — so the body will not respond by storing fat. Hence this is the best reason to use these fruits to substitute any whip cream as french toast toppings.
This is extremely easy recipe to follow. Prepare this for your love one during weekend breakfast or brunch, he or she will be totally surprised and impressed. Enjoy!
2 large eggs
2 TBSP sweetener milk
2 slices of white bread or wholemeal bread
1 Zespri Green Kiwi (cut into pieces)
Homemade Green kiwi jam (Please refer to my previous post for Recipe and method)
A bit of olive oil (you can opt for butter)
Optional: Maple syrup for dressing
- Beat 2 large eggs in a bowl.
- Mix in the sweetener milk and beat again. Set aside
- Cut diagonal on 4 slices bread.
- Heat up the frying pan and put the olive oil.
- Dip the white bread in the egg mixture, fried them until golden brown colour.
- Garnish with fresh green and homemade kiwi jam onto the bread, spread some maple syrup before serving.