See below for Hankerie's recipe
- 3 eggs
- 80g caster sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 10g premium unsweetened cocoa powder
- 60g milk
- 40g vegetable oil
Whip Cream filling Recipe
- 200ml whipped cream
- 20g caster sugar
- Refer to youtube below.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease and line baking paper on Swiss roll tin.
- Sieve plain flour and cocoa powder, set aside.
- Put eggs and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and whisk until light and creamy (it should be very thick at this stage).
- Once the egg is creamy, stir slowly the milk and vegetable oil.
- Fold the dry ingredients from step 3 very gently using a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into Swiss roll tin carefully.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and springy to touch.
- When the chocolate sponge is baked, remove from oven, tip upside down on baking paper and carefully remove paper from sponge.
- Spread with whipped cream and roll into swissroll. Chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes.
- Follow the youtube below- http://youtu.be/5vgJ1tDGN_c for decorating this horse swiss roll.