Best treats for Mother's day, show your rosy love to her!
4 key ingredients to make this exceptionally stunning look crystal Jelly Mooncake
First trial to bake this rugby-shaped Mooncake which is extremely famous at Kluang Johor.
A little, delectable and colourful koi fish mooncake appears to capture a lot of people's attention.
Bunny is always the animal who represent in Mid-Autumn Mooncake festival.
I'm making "out of tradition" mooncake whereby no Chinese or tradition pattern on top of the round flat mooncake.
All the ingredients are served fresh, mix together with some greens, tomatoes and fruits.
Hankerie has gone to next stage, selling all her bakes in public - Bangsar Shopping Complex for an event.
Hankerie won as 1st runner up in Asian Food Channel (AFC) foodie face off competition.
Hankerie is honourbly being featured in one of the Malaysia's leading Food magazine this month. Grab yourself a copy in any of the Malaysia bookstore now.
Minions army wish you Happy Halloween!
Try these spring onions crab stick buns that contains onions buttery fragrance, a little bit of sweetness of crab stick in the middle, together with the slightly sweet, soft bun.
When Minions get ROUND and FAT!! These macarons are sandwiched with premium dark chocolate and white chocolate ganache. Slurpy!
Loving this light and crispy, with a distinctly buttery flaky pastry as the main character of my whole chicken and mushroom pot pies.
Watermelon as cake? Try out this creative swissroll.
Angry Birds, Angry Pigs, Thomas and Friends, Cars....all these assorted cartoons are my source of ideas to custom make these into cupcakes for Lucas's birthday.
Steamed Buns can be attractive too. Nice to see and nice to eat. Food for your eyes.
The specialty of these bao is that using Otak-otak (- a cake made of fish meat and spices). This give you an unique savoury taste in the combination of soft and fluffy of bao's texture.
She is so pretty, and fortunately I managed to take a photo with her post her speech.
Tomorrow is Halloween.This is the biggest holiday to western world, second to Christmas. The word Halloween is an abbreviation of All Hallows' Evening also known as Hallowe'en or All Hallows' Eve. It's quite similiar to Chinese's Ghost festival, instead the whole month, Halloween just happen in one night on 31st October yearly.
Traditional activities include trick-or-treating, bonfires, costume parties, visiting "haunted houses" and carving jack-o-lanterns. In conjunction for me to show case some Minion series on TV, I've designed and created these 12 little cute Halloween series cupcakes.
Happy Halloween to everyone!
Another first time for Hankerie to be invited honourbly as part of a food vendor in ASEAN Coffee & Art Fringe Event 2013 on 28-29th September 2013. Thanks to Karen, their marketing director for giving me golden opportunity. So glad that she likes my creativity on my bakes art, where my art combined together with all my bakes.
Right after my previous week event in Bangsar, I need to rush for this bigger event immediately. Tiring because I still need to work over the weekday, start my preparation only after my work hours. Indeed, that 2 continuous weeks are my most tiring period throughout my Hankerie's journey, everything paid off whenever seeing my bakes sold in just few hours! After this, I will definitely take a long break and go for a trip!
3 unique sample hot food prepared by chef Kayvin. They are not only looks good, but also taste so delicious.
Another of my 100% proof biscotti recipe, you cannot run away of biscotti with coffee. The best mate ever when you enjoying a cup of hot coffee. It's crunchiness and dryness give coffee a perfect match. For those ladies who watch out their weight, good news that biscotti not contains any butter or any sort of fats :)
Hankerie first time goes retail. This is my 1st experience to sell my bakes in public, the mixed feeling of exciting and worrying. Exciting to see the public response towards my artisan bakes, while worrying to see nobody will pay this amount of money to buy these bakes. The latter one proof it wrong after the first day of my Bangsar Shopping Complex event. All my bakes sold out in few hours, ended up I need to rush back home to bake everything for the next day sale.
Well, I would like to share about all my preparation works before this 2 days event. It was like back to 1 month before, I started to do the planning, how to design my table, booth decoration, bakes menu and engaged some of my friends to help out with. In the end, I planned to sell my signature bakes - most of my designer series and organic pesto sauce.
This will not be a success without my family support. Indeed, I really underestimate the effort from preparation, baking, washing, packing, transporting, selling and etc. This whole process is so exhausted, it wont be achieved just by myself. Really thanks to my husband, mum in law and brother in law who helped me from end to end.
Serve these treats with my home made custard, fresh cream and fresh fruits. All sold out in seconds.
Next is my premium Belgium moist chocolate cupcake and healthy banana cupcake with walnut.
All comes with my own packaging idea, 6 in one box, you can mix and match the flavour in a box.
Of course, I wont left my Minion family out. Minion macarons, every single little kids so irresistible to grab them.
Minion cupcakes!!! I only started to sell in my 2nd day of event, the response is unexpectedly overwhelmed.
Limited edition of my designer swiss rolls, that's the maximum I can do for 1 day. Tough job.
Last but not least is my home made pesto sauce, with my own idea of packaging. The material cost is expensive but worth to make them pretty and good for storage.
Free of any preservative and colouring, my home grown basil gone just in one day. I need to wait for few more months to produce for next batch.
To summarise this, it's really interesting and good exposure to see how public response to my bakes, happy to see return customer from 1st day, some even know my Hankerie's online presence and see the bakes sold out in few hours. All these encourage me to move on. Despite of the tiredness, I've more things to look forward and prepare for the following week event - 2013 Asean Coffee and Art event in Publika. It's really tough when you do this alone and on top of that still working full time job at the same time. I will share about Publika event in next post.
Thanks to all of the support especially to those who dropped by :)
For my previous Snoopy Green Tea Swiss roll, you can refer here.
- Day 1 : Green Kiwi Tart (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/green-kiwi-tart.html)
- Day 2 : Sun Gold Kiwi Swiss Roll (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/sun-gold-kiwi-swiss-roll.html)
- Day 3 : Green Kiwi Seafood Spaghetti (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/green-kiwi-seafood-spaghetti.html)
- Day 4 : My tanned Minion birthday cake (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/my-tanned-minion-birthday-cake.html)
- Day 5 : Minions Swiss Roll with green Kiwi filling (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/minions-swiss-roll-with-green-kiwi.html)
- Day 6: Homemade Kiwi Soya Beancurd Pudding (Tau Hu Fah) (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/homemade-kiwi-soya-beancurd-pudding-tau.html)
- Day 7: Minion and Evil Minion Swiss Roll with sun gold Kiwi filling (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/minion-and-evil-minion-swiss-roll-with.html)
- Day 8 : Green Kiwi Macaron (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/green-kiwi-macaron.html)
- Day 9 : Kiwi French Toast (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/kiwi-french-toast.html)
- Day 10: Kiwi Popsicle (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/kiwi-popsicle.html)
- Day 11: Three layered Kiwi Pudding (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/three-layered-pudding.html)
- Day 12: Kiwi Pizza (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/kiwi-pizza.html)
- Day 13: Hankerie Kiwi Cream Puff (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/hankeries-kiwi-cream-puff.html)
- Day 14: Hankerie signature Kiwi Moonlight Mooncake (http://www.hankerie.com/2013/08/kiwi-mooncake-moonlight-mooncake.html)
Time flies. Today is my last day of Zespri Kiwi challenge, mark my Kiwi project Go live date. It has been "fruitful" 2 weeks, fruitful due to plenty of kiwis in my daily diet consumption. In these 14 days, I realized that kiwi fruit not only as dessert, but it can be served in any kind of format of the food and bakes. Versatile to well match or complement with anything. The unique sourness and sweetness, can be only uniquely find in kiwi fruit.
For my last day of challenge, I've created my Kiwi signature dish throughout this kiwi project journey. This is my Kiwi mooncake aka moonlight mooncake. The reason of moonlight is, I love the transparency of the jelly, fresh slices of green kiwi and sungold kiwi reflected its light through the jelly wall. You can straightaway tell which one is green kiwi mooncake or sun gold mooncake. Can you guess the following, which one is green and which one is yellow sun gold?
I did quite a lot of series mooncake before, in fact I still prefer jelly mooncake. First is that less sweet and not oily at all. This signature kiwi mooncake is totally healthy for old folks or kids, as it contains of full range of protein and vitamin. If you still prefer the conventional jelly mooncake, you can basically add on another layer of lotus paste or red bean paste in between.
Wish all my readers and followers Happy Mid-Autumn Festival 2013 in advance first.
Kiwi mixture layer A
- 1 Zespri Green kiwi (cut into pieces)
- 1 cup water
- 3TBSP sugar
- 2 Zespri Green kiwi (cut into slices)
- 1 Zepsri Sun Gold kiwi (cut into slices)
- 1/2 cup of fresh milk
- 1/2 cup of condensed milk
- 1 vanilla pod (scrap the seed)
- 2 stalks pandan leave
- 2 cups water
- 5g jelly powder
- For kiwi mixture layer A, blend one of the green kiwi in a blender.
- Put water and sugar in a pot. Heat up and stir into combined. And then lastly add on the kiwi mixture. Set aside.
- For fresh kiwi layer B, just cut all the kiwi into slices. Set aside.
- For Milky layer C, mix all the milk, vanilla pod seed and pandan leave in a pot, bring to boil. Strain the mixture into a bowl.
- For Jelly layer, cook the jelly powder together with water, bring to boil. Separate into half. each cup pour into kiwi mixture layer A and milky layer B separately.
- Pour the kiwi mixture layer A into mooncake mold first, follow by fresh kiwi slice. Let it set in the fridge for couple of minutes.
- Pour the milky layer into mooncake mold, and set again in fridge.
- Remove the mooncake from mold. Ready to serve with some fresh mint leave.