Oh well, I name this cake as "Hidden Dragon Crouching Tiger Cake" as you wont know there are hidden strawberries inside the cake based on the look outside. In fact, these cakes are Mocha Chocolate square cakes with fresh strawberries inside.
These melt-in-mouth cakes with their soft, mousse-like centre are a truly decadent treat. Serve them with a cup of coffee when you need a pick-me-up or savour them for dessert. Of course, do not forget about the fresh strawberries after each bites.
- 9 OZ dark chocolate
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 75g plain flour
- 50g Butter
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 cup freshly brewed espresso
- optional strawberries
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt them.
- Add on butter into melted chocolate. Remove from heat and cool down.
- Stir in the sugar, beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Sift the flour over the mixture, then fold in.
- Stir in the espresso.
- Divide the mixture into 12 square pans (depends on your pan size).
- Bake for firs 5 minutes, remove from oven, put whole strawberry into center of the cake.
- Put them back into oven. Continue to bake approximately another 10 minutes until skewer is clean when you remove out.
- Cool down. Decorate with fresh strawberries on top when serving.