Always, I’ve faced countless temptations since beginning my “Sweet” journey into desserts but none have been as irresistible as this one. The allure? – Three layers of sumptuous chocolate – Dark Chocolate Coffee Mousse Cake, Milk Chocolate Mousse and pillowy Milk Chocolate Mousse. Finishing with a layer of milk and dark chocolate combination, decor it with white chocolate. In fact, plenty of effort needed for whole cake, from start until the end. Indeed, the ingredients are pretty to easy to prepare.
2 1/4 cups whipped cream
4 large egg yolks, room temperature
1/4 cup caster sugar
30 ml brewed expresso
35g good quality dark bittersweet chocolate
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
50g milk chocolate
50g white chocolate
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat whip cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Place egg yolks into the clean bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; beat on high speed until pale and frothy.
- Mix into sugar.
- Splited and melted 3 different type of chocolate into 3 separate bowls. Mix the brewed espresso into dark chocolate bowl. Vanilla extract into white chocolate bowl.
- Remove the whipped cream from the mixer Add one-third of the cream mixture to the 3 different bowls. Mix well.
- Put the first layered of dark chocolate layer into the mold and freeze it for few minutes.
- Follow by milk chocolate mixture and freeze it for few minutes. And the last white chocolate layer.
- Melted another 10g milk chocolate and 20g dark chocolate for decoration purposes.
- Draw using coffee latte art method. Keep into refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving.