This is my first attempt to make macarons into different shape. Instead of classic round macarons, I made them into love shaped. Few of my friends were surprised, and asked me how am I doing it (i.e do you use any love shape macarons mold or so on?). My answer to them is sorry nope, I do not even draw any love shapes on my baking paper beforehand. Sometimes, free hand piping is easier to manage. Again, practice makes perfect and I believe everyone can do it as well.
To your surprise, I did see the special round macarons mold selling in Australia here. Too bad, I did not buy any.
2 large egg white
1/2 cup ground almond
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
Step-by-step on how to make macarons
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Finely ground almonds & icing sugar in a blender. Strain the mixture.
- Beat the egg white with mixer. When they start to stiffen, gradually add the superfine sugar, beating constantly.
- Add the cocoa powder.
- Strain the almond sugar mixture over the beat egg white and fold together.
- Fill the mixture into piping bag and pipe into love shapes.
- Dried for few minutes and bake it around 10-12 minutes.
- Cool them down and remove by using spatula.
- Assemble them with filling the avocado fresh cream, cream cheese and decorate with fresh raspberries.
- Put into fridge up to at least 24 hours before serving.
- Dusting with some icing sugar before serving.