If they can receive this little cute dome-like pastry as a gift, they will be extremely delightful. For me, if you know how painful (failed several times before) to do these macarons and its ingredients, I doubt they will still like it as much. :)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup ground almond
1/4 cup ground pistachio
3/4 cup icing sugar
Green food colouring
Butter cream with some passion fruits juice
Step-by-step on how to make macarons
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Finely ground almonds, pistochios & icing sugar in a blender. Strain the mixture.
- Beat the egg white with mixer. When they start to stiffen, gradually add the superfine sugar, beating constantly.
- Add a few drops of green food colouring. (I used a drop as I only want light green colour)
- Strain the almond, pistachio sugar mixture over the beat egg white and fold together.
- Fill the mixture into piping bag and pipe little circle.
- Dried for few minutes and bake it around 10-12 minutes.
- Cool them down and remove by using spatula.
- Assemble them with filling the passion fruit butter cream.
- Put into fridge up to at least 24 hours before serving.