"Love is in the air" - Valentine's Day is on February 14th, but you have almost all month (until February 27th) to participate in the Be My Valentine challenge. To make it more of a challenge, the judges added an extra rule: your dish needs to include something Red, the color of Love!
Along with all these judges below, we will choose the best 3 to win the prizes in the end of this challenge.
- Han Ker from Hankerie
- Irini from Irini Savva
- Katie from Down Home Foodie
- Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Leslie from Culinary Chronicles
- Michelle from The Adirondack Chick
- Minna from Naked Plate
- Simcha from Turkish Cooking Everyday
- Teri from The Freshman Cook
- There must be at least one picture in your recipe, and both the recipe and picture need to be your own. If your recipe is inspired by another, please mention it in your recipe.
- You cannot use an already published recipe to participate in the challenge, you need to publish a new recipe (otherwise there's no challenge!)
- We would love to have participations from all around the world, including from blogs in languages other than English. Please do include an English translation of your recipe in your post though. :-) If you need help with the translation (proofreading etc.), we will be glad to help if we can.
- You can participate with only one recipe.
- You can participate from Friday February 3rd 2012 until Monday February 27th 2012 included.
- 8-inch ready baked sponge cake
- 280ml pure strawberry purees from real strawberries (see below for the method)
- Fresh Strawberries (2 punnets)
- 100g sugar
- 280ml Crème fraiche (whipped)
- 1 tub of pure yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 8g gelatin powder with 3 TBSP water
- Fresh strawberries
Step 2: Mix the puree with sugar, yogurt, egg yolk and gelatin. Pour in the whipped Crème fraiche into it.
Step 4: Pour in half mousse, alternate with another layer of sponge cake and finish it with the remaining mousse. Refrigerate it over night. Decorate with fresh strawberries before serving.