Mid-Autumn Festival is around the corner. For me, I prefer contemporary styles of mooncakes instead of traditional mooncakes. On top of that, I strongly believe that any creation should be created with its own unique creativity in order to be different.
Today I try the new creation with the mixture of mochi and snow skin mooncake recipe, and I call it Mochi Snow-skin Mooncake. :) Why this idea came about? In my opinion, it's quite difficult to roll the snow skin to the desired figure in the rolling and shaping process. Indeed this sounds complicated and tedious procedures, once you see the end product, it's absolutely worth it.
Below is my DIY Bunny Mochi Snow Skin Mooncakes recipe:
For mochi snow skin:
25 gm glutinous flour
25 gm rice flour
20 gm wheat flour
50 gm caster sugar
120 ml milk
20 ml vegetable oil
1/2 tsp strawberry jam to colour the bunny's inner ear part
Red beans (for decorating as eyes)
Ready made Black bean Paste (hei dou sa)
1. Mix glutinous flour, rice flour and wheat flour.
2. Add sugar and combine all ingredients.
3. Add on milk and vegetable oil. Stir and mix it completely.
4. Steam it for 15 minutes.
5. Leave it to luke warm and knead it until smooth.
6. Take a small portion of dough, mix it with strawberry jam for making inner ears.
7. Make black bean paste rounded and set aside.
8. Roll the white dough into round, wrap it with the filling and shape it into oval flat shape as the body.
9. Make the ear and mix with the step 6, paste it on the body.
10.Decorating the eyes by using red bean.
11.Put in the fridge and set.
Enjoy with a cup of TWG Emperor Sancha tea. :)