Ratatouille! One of my favorite Disney movies before. This isn’t a classic ratatouille, which is a traditional French vegetable stew. But it reminded me of the one on the movie, with its pretty layers of vegetables. And with the puff pastry and fresh tomatoes and cheese, it’s kind of like a vegetable pizza. An incredibly tasty vegetable pizza (I even ate all the egg plants and zucchini). This recipe is really pretty simple to make! If you're lazy to make your own crust, you may just grab the ready made crust from store.
60 g butter
1 teaspoon salt
3-4 tablespoons cold water
For the filling:
1 cup cherries tomato
1/4 cup onions
100 g mozzarella
1 Tbsp Vinegar
6 tablespoons oil
- Put the flour, butter, salt and 3 tablespoons cold water in the food processor (or by hand) and pulse them until a ball of dough is formed.
- Remove dough from bowl and wrap it in plastic wrap. Put in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the table with flour and stretch the dough until it's big enough to cover the tart tray Place the dough in the tray, pressing well on the edge to obtain a nice shape. With a fork pierce the bottom of the crust from place to place.
- Bake the crust 15 minutes.
- Slice all vegetables. Heat a little oil and fry the eggplant and zucchini slices on both sides until slightly softened. Put them in the half baked tart crust. Place alternating slices of vegetables, eggplant, zucchini, onions, Cherries tomatoes. Sprinkle black pepper. Add Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake tart in heated oven to 180 C, for 30 minutes (or until golden)
- Allow tart to cool slightly (10 minutes) in the pan, then remove, to cool completely.